Tuesday, February 07, 2006

781 feet

Bike Metro is a service covering So. Cal. that plots out bike routes, giving an elevation gain or loss figure. The elevation difference between where I live and where I work is 781 feet.

I might try part of their suggested route, but part of it is on roads that are too busy or fast for my comfort.

Tonight, I made it home in an hour and twenty-three minutes, a marked improvement over Friday when I was very tired and hot. I didn't wear a jacket tonight (it's been warm here), and I tried the stair-stepping method for the final hill climb. If nothing else, zig-zagging up a hill gives a psychological boost of not staring straight up one street the whole way.

Along the way I was passed by an obviously much more seasoned rider. But, hey, I'm not in a race!

No comments: