Saturday, March 25, 2006

Biking again

After not biking to work for some weeks, I started again on Thursday. Now, the sun has just come up when I leave the house at 6:00 a.m., and it's still somewhat light when I arrive home. The ride went pretty well, although I need to build up speed and endurance still (again). One improvement: my aunt suggested padded biking shorts, so I bought a padded pair of liners to wear under my warm-ups. The padding certainly makes a difference for my tailbone!

Friday night I rode to a meeting not far from my house but very uphill. I just checked Bike Metro, which appears to be working again. It gave a distance of 3.36 miles with an elevation gain of 410 feet. I think my route was longer and more of it uphill. Oh well, next time I'll have to check Bike Metro first and hope the site is functioning.

Today I rode from my house to the Farmer's Market and then over to my friends' house to go hiking with them, about 7 1/2 miles (downhill and then flat). The ride home was about 2 2/3 miles, with an elevation gain of 145 feet.

Now I am very sleepy from all the exercise and fresh air!

No comments: