Saturday, June 17, 2006

Restful day

Compared to last weekend, this weekend is much more relaxed. I didn't have to go anywhere today, so I didn't. I stayed at home and did chores: picking blueberries (all fifteen of them!) for breakfast; making French toast from cinnamon bread and a duck egg; laundry; vacuuming; washing dishes; burying very decomposed kitchen waste; sorting and recycling stacks of magazines, catalogues, and mail; making lunch; taking a nap; reading Web sites; eating ice cream, strawberries, and homemade chocolate sauce for a late afternoon snack; making a frittata for supper, including yellow wax beans and chard from my garden; preparing rice cakes (scroll down) to go with the Marmite my dad got me for my birthday a while back; and washing more dishes.

Now I need to put some clothes away, finish preparing for tomorrow's class at church, and maybe watch a movie.

No comments: