Thursday, February 03, 2005

Just like vacation

I feel like I'm on vacation almost. An interim pastor just started at my church, so now I don't have to put together two services each week (English and Spanish) and oversee the preparation of the two bulletins.

And my first three Netflix movies to watch on my new laptop computer arrived in the mail today: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, because the guys on my high school quiz team quoted Monty Python lines for entire bus trips to tournaments, and I had no reference for what they were going on about; Wilbur Wants to Kill Himself, because Joe Morgenstern specially recommended it in his year-end round up of the top movies; and the 1962 release of The Manchurian Candidate, because it's one of the (many) classic movies I've not seen.

After much clicking around, following troubleshooting scripts, and reloading my audio/sound device driver, I realized the reason no sound was coming from my laptop built-in speakers was because the external manual volume control on the side of the computer was turned all the way off. . . .

Next thing to figure out, the correct settings to be able to send e-mail messages. Then try and hook up the printer.

No comments: