Saturday, July 09, 2005

Saturday around town

Today is another mild summer So Cal day. Marine layer in the morning to keep it cooler until it warms up beginning mid-day, only to cool off again in the evening.

In the mood for low-key browsing. Went to Needle in a Haystack in Montrose. Bought seven balls of Mandarin Petit cotton yarn on sale in a pale yellow. I bought it mainly because it is manufactured in Sandnes, Norway, near where many of my distant relatives are from.

Then I stopped by a couple shops in Altadena. First, a thrift shop where I found some more yarn, seven balls of Brunswick Pomfret 4-Ply Sport Yarn, 100% wool in Strato Blue. I'm thinking lace socks. I also picked up a couple Sunset gardening books for 15 cents each.

Then I popped into a health food store, one of the older kind (versus Whole Foods or Wild Oats). I bought Puffed Millet Cereal and black licorice from Finland.

No comments: