Friday, July 14, 2006

Bike commuting all week

This was the first week I commuted to and from work for five days straight. Last week I had a break for 4th of July.

It is pretty tiring and doesn't leave me with a whole lot of energy at the end of the day to do much, especially anything that takes much thought (like writing here). Plus there have been higher than usual temperatures this week.

I have had to be more disciplined because if I'm late or don't have my riding stuff together, I can't just hop in the car anymore.

I have enjoyed the riding, though, and hope to get a bit more descriptive when I'm not so tired!

P.S. If you live in the Los Angeles area, you are invited to join Path to Freedom and my church for a screening of this summer's OTHER global warming film, The Great Warming, on Sunday, August 13, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm, at Messiah Lutheran Church/Iglesia Luterana Mesías in Pasadena. A vegetarian, local food potluck will be served before the film. For more information and to make a reservation, go here.

No comments: