Saturday, February 28, 2004

Oh, what a beautiful morning!

One cannot help but be glad to be alive on such a glorious day and grateful for good health to savor it. It is fully sunny but chillier than it has been. I stood before the heaped cauliflower at the Farmer's Market this morning just staring at sight of creamy white framed with green. Delicious enough to eat. With the cauliflower I also got broccoli, turnips, asparagus, grapefruit, and Satsumas.

Then I drove over to Glendale to Swain's Art Supplies. The view from the 134 freeway over LA and out to the ocean was unmatched. The recent heavy rains have washed the air so one can see, uncharacteristically, for miles. The purpose of the trip was to buy a Moleskine journal (pronounced mol-a-skeen'-a; I called around asking for a "mole skin" journal until I came across a phonetic spelling), inspired by two entries at Hoarded Ordinaries. It is a lovely journal.

No comments: