Wednesday, September 26, 2001

I hope I get the film I sent in for developing back soon so I can post pictures of my cats. Then I won't have to think of so much to write about....It will be the first time I've received pictures via email. I still am not able to hook up my scanner to my computer.

Sunday I went with one of my colleagues and his family to a Torah dedication service at the local Lubavitcher Chabad. The scroll was beautiful. A scribe in Israel took about a year to write the first five books of the Bible in Hebrew. The last few words were completed at the dedication.

A news report about the aftermath of September 11 in Chicago just said the Fermi National Accelerator Lab in Illinois is closed to the public. I visited the Lab when I was in college. I didn't really understand the the significance of all I saw, but the outline of the accelerator ring under the ground was quite impressive.

Update on pressure cooking: I made a delicious Italian cheesecake recipe.

No comments: