Tuesday, September 18, 2001

It was a relief today to log-on to the Internet at work and see the WSJ back to its usual two-column format, instead of one column screaming the news. I know things are not "as usual," but this small sign showed me that people are attempting to go on with life.

Sunday was a long day. I played for three services, one English and one Spanish in the morning and another Spanish one in the evening. It felt good to be doing something, however insignificant, and to be with other people.

Work was quite busy today. I'm trying to help a colleague clear the piles on her desk, so I volunteered to proofread telemarketing scripts. My favorite line: "You will enjoy $1000 bail bond service" or something to that effect. I struck "enjoy" and chose a different verb.

No comments: