Tuesday, January 08, 2002

The cooks have voted. The LA Times best recipes of 2001 have been chosen. The Grilled Halibut With Indian-Spiced Cauliflower Puree sounds delicious!

Joe Morgenstern of the WSJ also published his 10 best movies and runners-up lists for 2001. I am listing them here for my reference when I want to watch a video but can't think of anything I want to see.
  • In the Bedroom
  • Gosford Park
  • Monsters, Inc.
  • Shrek
  • The Lord of the Rings
  • Ghost World
  • Amélie
  • Amores Perros (I'm not sure I could stomach the dog fighting, though.)
  • In the Mood for Love
  • The Deep End
The runners-up:
  • Memento
  • Lantana
  • Together
  • Divided We Fall
  • No Man's Land
  • Legally Blonde
  • The Dish
  • Startup.Com
  • The Devil's Backbone
  • Fat Girl
  • Our Song
  • With a Friend Like Harry
  • Last Resort
  • The Road Home
  • The Princess and the Warrior
  • The Circle
  • The Taste of Others
  • Happy Accidents

No comments: