Wednesday, January 16, 2002

Just call me website consultant

A couple days ago I got a call from a market research firm asking if I wanted to do some user testing for Earthlink. At $100 for one and a half hours, I said, "Sure." So this morning I went to one of Earthlink's offices nearby. I was asked to group and categorize questions Earthlink customers might have about problems with their Internet connection, email, web browser, etc. It was fun giving my opinion about how various problems might be most intuitively/logically categorized, so customers would be able to go to a webpage and find answers quickly.

The best part, though, was sitting in an Aeron chair. I've seen them advertised in the Levenger Catalog. And, of course, they are/were also the icon of the dot.com industry. They are truly comfortable. I especially like the way the chair supports my lower back.

No comments: